The Adaptive Signal Processing Toolbox
Adaptive filters developers and researchers have always needed to learn a great deal
of complex mathematical analysis of adaptive algorithms before they could put this knowledge
to the simplest practical application. With the Adaptive Signal Processing Toolbox (ASPT),
this belongs to the past. ASPT saves you hundreds of hours of theoretical study and software
development by providing a large set of powerful, extendable, well designed, and
well documented adaptive filters functions, applications, and analysis tools. ASPT
isolates the user from the algorithms' details and allows you to use the
adaptive algorithms as reliable, and well tested black box functions. ASPT lets you concentrate
on your value added tasks rather than spending most of your working hours reinventing the wheel.
With ASPT the productivity increase is guaranteed whether you are designing adaptive signal
processing applications or developing new adaptive algorithms.
What is The Adaptive Signal Processing Toolbox?
ASPT is a software library containing a large collection of both widely used industrial
algorithms such as NLMS and FXLMS as well as advanced ones with improved performance and
high computational efficiency such as PBFDAF and FTRLS. ASPT supports most digital filter
structures including transversal, lattice, recursive, and some classes of nonlinear filters,
such as second order Volterra adaptive filters. Both sample per sample and block processing
filters are supported, with implementation in time and frequency domains. Specialized algorithms
for applications such as active noise and vibration control and beam forming are also included.
Moreover, most ASPT functions are provided for single-channel as well as multi-channel systems.
To make you start working with ASPT immediately without even the need to read the
software documentation, ASPT comes with the source code of many examples for applications
of adaptive filters including echo cancellers, single-channel and multi-channel active noise
and vibration control, beam forming, channel equalization, adaptive line enhancers, system
identification, noise reduction, and linear prediction. A rich set of functions for analyzing
the performance of the common adaptive configurations are also included with the Matlab version
Availability and Supported Platforms
ASPT is currently available as a Matlab toolbox (M-ASPT) and
ANSI-C code (C-ASPT). Both versions are deliverable in object
code and source code forms. M-ASPT is suitable for system simulation, research, and education
purposes. C-ASPT is suitable for both system simulation as well as the development of real-time
applications, such as active noise control and echo cancellers. When used
for simulation purposes, C-ASPT is much faster compared to M-ASPT. C-ASPT is currently available
for several processors and operating systems including Windows, Linux, and Solaris.
To learn more about adaptive filters in general or ASPT for Matlab or C-ASPT in
particular, and eventually download your free-of-charge ASPT package, please visit the
ASPT for Matlab or C-Language ASPT
We are pleased to announce releasing a free-of-charge version of the Adaptive Signal
Processing Toolbox in both Matlab as well as C flavors. FREE-ASPT is an excellent way to learn more
about adaptive filters and to gain practical experience in this field without spending a cent. The
FREE-ASPT package includes 16 of the most used adaptive filters algorithms. FREE-ASPT also includes
the source code of one application for each filter demonstrating the use of the library application
programming interface. FREE-ASPT package also includes the documentation of the whole library.
Although the number of filter coefficients in the FREE-ASPT version is limited, the package
proved to be sufficient for many applications. Visit the ASPT for Matlab
or C-Language ASPT web pages to learn more about ASPT or move
directly to the FREE-ASPT pages where you can download your free-of-charge
Why should I choose for ASPT?
For many reasons, we will try to summarize them below.
- ASPT is the first comprehensive commercial adaptive filters library on the market, and therefore is years ahead of competitors
- ASPT is setting the standards in the field; some known, and many times more expensive, packages have even started to copy from ASPT
- ASPT implementation is kept simple and consistent throughout the library, which makes ASPT fast and efficient
- ASPT is easy to learn and integrate in any application, even for those with little programming experience or little experience with adaptive systems
- ASPT comes with excellent and educative documentation, examples, applications, and tutorials
- ASPT supports whatever filters you might need to implement, Finite Impulse Response Filters (FIR), Linear Combiners Filters (LCF), Infinite Impulse Response Filters (IIR), Lattice Filters (LTF), Non-Linear Filters (NLF), and Active Noise and Vibration Control (ANVC) filters
- ASPT supports sample per sample as well as block processing
- ASPT seamlessly supports single channel and multi-channel systems
- ASPT functions are efficiently implemented using advanced signal processing techniques
- ASPT includes many fast and efficient filters implemented in frequency domain such as the Block Frequency Domain Adaptive Filter, and its partitioned and generalized versions
- ASPT supports most adaptive systems applications including echo cancellers, single-channel and multi-channel active noise and vibration control, beam forming, channel equalization, adaptive line enhancers, system identification, noise reduction, and linear prediction.
- ASPT is affordable for every one, even for those who can/do not want to pay a cent
- ASPT is already available for many platforms
- Unlike other packages, ASPT source code is available for whoever wants to buy it
- ASPT is implemented in highly portable platform-independent code, therefore easy to port in full or in part to new platforms
- ASPT is suitable for industrial as well as research and education activities
- ASPT includes functions for real-time applications as well as system simulation
- Royalty-free license system for real-time applications developers
- Unlike other software packages, ASPT licenses are indefinite; the software never stops working
- Up to 50% discount is provided for education institutes
- ASPT has been developed by engineers with many years of research and industrial experience in the field of adaptive filters
- ASPT support is provided by the same experienced software authors
- ASPT is already being used by top-of-the-class companies and universities all over the world including Motorola, Siemens, and Samsung
- Still has some doubts? you should try ASPT for yourself.
Contact Information for ASPT
After reading the M-ASPT or C-ASPT documentation, if you have any questions, suggestions,
remarks, or corrections, we would appreciate if you contact us through the web site